If you would like to make a difference in ensuring the safety of those in your community, the Humphreys County Sheriff’s Office is taking applications for full-time positions. Our qualifications are as follows:
1. Be at least eighteen (18) years of age
2. Be a United States citizen
3. Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent
4. Must not have been convicted or plead guilty or entered a plea of Nolo Contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or municipal ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, controlled substances or controlled substances analogues
5.Must not have been released or discharged under any other than honorable discharge from any of the armed forces of the United States.
6. Must pass a complete background investigation and submit fingerprints to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation for a fingerprint based criminal history records check
7. Have a good moral character as determined by a thorough investigation conducted by the Sheriff’s Office
8. Must be free of all apparent mental disorders as described in the Diagnostic and
Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) of the American Psychiatric Association;
9. Pass medical, physical, and psychological examinations, which includes a drug screening;
10. Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license;
11. Must not misstate or omit material facts, since the statements made herein will be used to determine qualifications of employment.
12. There are additional requirements for POST certified law enforcement positions.